Panasonic Corporation introduced the LUMIX S 100mm F2.8 MACRO (S-E100) lens based on the L-Mount system standard.
With a new optical design and a newly developed Dual Phase Linear Motor, the new LUMIX S 100mm is the world’s smallest and lightest* medium-telephoto fixed focal length macro lens, weighing approximately 298g. This lightweight, compact design allows for unrivalled mobility and flexibility in a variety of shooting scenarios. Benefitting from a new focus mechanism, the lens achieves superior tracking performance with fast and precise autofocus.
In addition to close-up life-size photography with its 100mm focal length, the new lens produces impressive portraits unique to medium-telephoto lenses, using its large aperture to capture images in high resolution with stunning bokeh.
Moreover, the lens operates silently, thanks to the newly developed linear motor, and focus breathing is suppressed, making it ideal for capturing video. It also offers micro-step aperture control for smooth exposure changes, as well as the ability to choose between linear or nonlinear focus ring settings. These features have become hallmark characteristics of LUMIX S Series lenses.
1. The World’s Smallest and Lightest* Medium-Telephoto Fixed Focal Length Macro Lens
· Advanced compact optical design featuring a new Double Focus System and a newly developed Dual Phase Linear Motor
· Suitable for use in wide range of shooting situations thanks to its excellent mobility, such as close-up life-size photography or portraits unique to medium-telephoto lenses
2. High Resolution and Outstanding Photographic Performance with Fast and Precise Auto Focus
· Boasts high resolution and superior photographic performance in every area, from the center of the image to the edges
· Faithfully captures every detail of the subject while creating bokeh unique to medium-telephoto macro lenses
· Fast and precise autofocus performance with excellent moving subject tracking and silent focusing
· Enhancements in focus ring detection and control enable more precise focusing when shooting macro photography
3. Optimal Video Functionality for Video Production
· Silent operation thanks to a newly developed Dual Phase Linear Motor
· Effectively suppresses focus breathing, in which the angle of view changes caused by movements in the focus position